Monday, May 25, 2015

Spring Return

Well It has been a super long time since I have posted anything. Life has been hectic, but wonderful. In this Hiatus from blogging, I have gotten married to my sweetheart, and have a child on the way. I decided I would take some time to build my relationship with my wife and less with blogging. This doesn't mean that I haven't been fishing though. For 2015 I am going to try to post more often.

This weekend I was able to meet up with a good friend and do a little exploring. The salmon flies have been going on the Henry's Fork for a few weeks now, and this got me thinking about a small stream that the big bugs usually show up a few weeks after the HF. We pulled into the gulch that I like to fish and started probing the pockets with some imitations with not much action. If I am not catching fish, I usually don't last long before tying on a streamer. This trip was no different, and I found myself throwing a small streamer about 10 min into the trip. I immediately caught one brown and missed a few more.

This stream still was high and off color from runoff, so we decided to head down to Warm river and continue chucking streamers. We had so,so results and landed a few smaller trout. Just prior to calling it quits, I landed a beautiful brown. Not the biggest, but definitely a good fish for warm river also.

Here are some photos from this trip, and keep coming back for some more fishing reports.





No comments:

Post a Comment