Tuesday, December 25, 2012

LOOKING BACK

2012 has been quite the year for me. Lots of goals have been accomplished, new friends have been made, my major has officially been declared, and the fishing has been stellar.

This year started out with another semester in Idaho, and a whole lot of fishing. As spring came to an end, I took a trip back to Pennsylvania on vacation and fished some more. Following that, I returned to Idaho and somehow balanced 14 credits, a relationship and 40 hr weeks for the rest of the year. I honestly have no idea how I made it, other then great support from awesome friends and family. 

This is a fishing blog, so I will not bore you with a tons of life photos. I will however review some of my favorite fishing trips and catches of the year. 

SPRING........

 This photo and the one below are from one of my favorite trips of the year. I tagged this big male cutt and will landed this big female off the same ledge. Both took streamers like they were the last time they would see one.

 Warm River




Henrys Fork Brown during the salmon fly season
Robinson Creek brown

 This was a memorable cutt. Chris pulled it out of a creek that couldnt have been more than 4 feet across. it inhaled a well placed streamer.
 One of the best looking bows that I think I have ever seen
Monster cutt from the upper reaches of the Henrys Fork.




 SUMMER (Central PA)

Best Little J brown to date (late August on a streamer)
 Lebanon County Freestone

 Little J
Mifflin County holdover pellet hog

FALL/WINTER

 Personal Best from the Warm River
 Caught some salmon

 Teton River
 Henrys Fork Brown


 I caught my Largest trout to date a few months back.
 Black spot disease








Its been a great year. Thanks again to all those who read the blog. I am going to be off school until April, so there should be a little more activity around here during that time. Also check back after the new years for some giveaways, I was going to do a Christmas one, but I think there are enough of those currently so I will postpone mine. 


On a side note, there have been a few people that have contacted me about fishing. I am not ignoring you, between my busy schedule and the fact that I have lost all your contact information I just have not been able to do much. Please get a hold of me, and we can meet up in the near future. 

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Tight Lines....

4 comments:

  1. That little J brown... Wow! Nice fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was!!!! I still look at the pictures and cannot believe how good looking that fish was.

      Delete
  2. Awesome year! Great photos, looking forward to more. When are we fishing streamers together on the J?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to be back in march for a little. I will be back in july sometime also.
    The J needs more streamers being thrown.

    ReplyDelete