Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scud fishing at its finest!

 Yesterday I made yet another trip up to Henrys lake with the hopes of catching a pretty sizeble brook trout. No luck yet, but i know that it will happen soon. I did along with my friend Chris get into some beautiful  yellowstone cutthroat action as usual. Here are some of the pictures of the amazing flat that we were fishing and the beautiful scenery.

 My first cut of the day
 Chris with this monster trout. ( could be a hybrid i am thinking, its way too hard to tell them apart for me)
 Fighting another beautiful cut.....i think he still had a few runs left in him
 I am pretty sure i need to buy a bigger net for my trips to henrys, its way too hard to net the trout.




 Here you can definately see why i need a bigger net
 This was the biggest for me on this trip. What a healthy fish....this one constantly was shaking his head and trying to throw the scud he was so eager to take.

 This is what all the fish were taken on- A size 12 beadhead olive flashback scud. we were casting the scuds without indicators with an erratic twitching retrieve just above the bottom. I would say the fish we were catching were mostly 5 feet or shallower
This flat was absolutely gorgeous. the water was crystal clear and there were fish everywhere. Chris and I would see fish roll on the surface and cast to them and within seconds they would hit our scuds.

3 comments:

  1. Great looking fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man those are some stud fish right there!! Never really lake fished for trout but after seeing those pictures it's on my to-do list. Nice blog , I'll be following along and looking forward to more trip pics like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you guys had. Those were many wonderful fish, for sure. Thanks for sharing. When Henrys is doing "it", sure does "it" up good!

    ReplyDelete